Seasonal Alert: medium
In the autumn, skunks actively search for food to build up reserves for the winter. They may rummage through trash cans, gardens, and outdoor areas in search of food scraps. To protect your home and property from potential intrusions by these nocturnal creatures, turn to Aspen Wildlife Control. It’s important to note that skunks can react defensively when encountering children or pets, so it’s advisable to contact us immediately if you have an issue. We specialize in quick and effective skunk removal solutions while ensuring the safety of both humans and animals.
Seasonal Alert: High Activity
If it’s spring or summer in Ottawa-Gatineau, be on the lookout: skunks are out and about! Aspen Wildlife Control is here to help protect your home and property from potential intrusions. But beware – these nocturnal creatures can react defensively when startled by children or pets so contact us immediately if you’re dealing with a pesky problem. We specialize in fast, efficient skunk removal solutions that keep both humans and animals safe.
Getting Rid of Skunks
We can help you!
Struggling with a skunk infestation? Don’t worry, we can help! From causing havoc to your senses to damaging your home – these striped mammals have the ability to put any homeowner in distress. Rabies-infected skunks are especially difficult (and dangerous!) to identify, making it essential that you enlist professional assistance for safe and successful removal. Let us take care of this smelly problem; don’t wait until things get out of hand.
Evaluate And Remove
Aspen Wildlife Control technicians are highly skilled in detecting skunks’ entry points. Despite their remarkable digging abilities, accessing these holes is often challenging; however, utilizing special removal tactics our professionals can carefully drive the adult skunk out of its burrow and place any babies found into a heated box so that they may be moved safely alongside their mother to a secure location.
Clear And Clean
Aspen Wildlife Control knows that you and your family deserve the peace of mind to live in a safe, clean environment free from skunks and their contaminants. That’s why we have developed our humane, effective method for reliable removal along with comprehensive cleaning strategies tailored specifically to suit every situation. Our wildlife technician ensures this is done safely so you can rest assured knowing your home will be secure once more!
Some Facts On Skunks
Skunks may be infamous for their pungent odor, but they should also be known as destructive pests. Not only can the smell linger in residences and ventilation systems long after an encounter with a skunk – these animals have been known to cause significant damage to homes and landscaping.
- Skunks are notorious for their mischievous digging behavior which can cause major structural damage, especially to outdoor structures like porches, bridges and sheds. Not only do they have the capacity to dig through wood or coatings but being nocturnal creatures makes it even harder to stop them.
- Skunks are notorious for their love of scavenging in yards, scrounging around for tasty snacks like juicy bugs and earthworms or rummaging through the garbage.
- Skunks have smelly superpower that can spread across an entire building in a matter of days, lingering for weeks and even months! Their wicked weapon? A chemical product so potent it becomes airborne with the circulation of air. Time to grab those masks – quick.
- Skunks infected with the deadly rabies virus are a greater risk than raccoons and foxes for transmitting this disease to humans and pets. These skunks may be found anywhere in Canada, but it can often be hard to tell which ones have been affected by the virus. However, one way you know is if they transmit rabies via their saliva – so remember that when dealing with them.
- Skunk spray has the potential to be more than just an unpleasant odor; it can cause dizziness, nausea and even temporary blindness due its high concentration of sulfuric acid. Fortunately, there are remedies for skunk-spray victims that can help diminish these harmful effects.
- Families of skunks can be quite big, often gathering a group of 4 to 6 babies all cozily nestled together in one spot. It’s no surprise that these social critters love spending time with their own kind.
- To keep skunks away from your home, take the ultimate step and create a built-in defense plan! Get rid of all entrances to block their access before surrounding the area with a deep trench. With this two-part process you can add an extra layer of security that keeps unwanted visitors out for good.
- Skunks are masterful at hiding, making it tough to find their burrows. Although eliminating the adult is usually effective in getting rid of an invasion, unfortunately that doesn’t always work as babies can still remain hidden from sight in zones beyond our reach. Thankfully though we can look for surface holes and any destruction caused by skunk activity on lawns or gardens as warning signs which help us locate nests before things worsen.